Agile testing is an evolving approach to software testing that follows the principles of agile software development as defined in the Agile Manifesto.
Learn the role of the tester in an agile team and explore agile testing processes in an interactive workshop.
From user story elicitation and grooming through development and testing, this course prepares you to be a valuable member of an agile development team.
This hands-on course equips delegates with knowledge of Agile methods and how to test based upon User Stories. Delegates will understand how to engage with "whole team" concepts that will allow them to collaborate with the Agile team and provide value to stakeholders by being the "testing expert" on the team.
Introduction into Agile testingTesting process within Agile development
Power of three (Tester, Developer, Product Owner)
Role of the Tester in a team
Lean/Agile development approaches
Development methodologies (TDD, ATDD, BDD)
Testing within a teamRequirements specification
Development and Testing
Other testing within Agile cross-functional teamsRegression testing
Other specialized testing approaches
Development of a Tester roleDevelopment of a Tester role within a cross-functional team
Career path of a Tester in Agile development
- Understand the agile development process and their place in it.
- Understand the purpose of testing within Agile development lifecycle.
- Discover how testing is implemented in different agile environments.
- Understand the role of Tester in various team activities.
- Strengthen the position of Tester on meetings.
- Learn about testing through the development lifecycle and how to perform it.
- Improve the skills to catch the defects earlier in the process.
- Improve the negotiation and communication skills within the development team.
- Recognize the main agile testing challenges and how to address them.
- Explore key agile testing practices—ATDD, BDD, TDD, and ET.