This intensive 3-day tutor-led course focuses on the testing process, test management, standards, and test process assessment and improvement, reviews, defect management, test tools & automation, incident management, and people management, and involves theory, examples, and hands-on exercises which delegates practice to help you practice the methods and techniques taught in the course.
The course is ideal for software testing professionals who are looking to take a more senior role and provides an essential framework for prosperous test management. This training course goes above and beyond the ISTQB curriculum designed for test managers. In addition to the key areas that are vital for successful test management, the course addresses advanced individual skills to manage a test team and successfully deliver a software testing project, individual skills for testers and managers and motivation, test automation, modern industry trends, and specific approaches to an agile environment.
At the end of the course, you will have a solid understanding of managing testing teams and mastering & improving testing processes which will help you in preparation for certification.
This training is not accredited yet, it is planned with the new ISTQB Syllabus v2021.
Test Management in ContextUnderstanding Testing Stakeholders
What is “good enough”?
Testing ProcessTest Planning, Monitoring and Control
Evaluating Exit Criteria & Reporting
Test Closure Activities
Testing and QualityCost of Quality — Economics of test and failure
Business Value of Testing
Goals vs priorities
Test ManagementAlignment of Test Activities with Other Lifecycle Activities
Test Documentation and Other Work ProductsTest Policy, Test Strategy, Master Test Plan, and Level Test Plan
Test Progress Report and Test Summary Report
Testing Strategy and Test Approach
Different Types of Test Strategies
Performance Test Strategy
Risk-based TestingWhy Risk-Based Testing
What is a Risk
Risk Management Process
Test Prioritization and Effort Allocation in the Test Process
ReviewsManagement Reviews and Audits
Metrics for Reviews
Managing Formal Reviews
Defect ManagementThe Defect Lifecycle
Defect Report Information
Assessing Process Capability with Defect Report Information
Improving the Test Process
Improving ProcessesImproving the Testing Process
Improving the Testing Process with TMMi
Improving the Testing Process with CTP
Improving the Testing Process with STEP
Industry specific Test Process Improvement
Test Tools and AutomationTools Selection
Return of Investment
People Skills and Team CompositionIndividual Skills
Test Team Dynamics
Fitting Testing Within an Organization
Career Paths for Testers
- Develop and implement an effective test strategy.
- Identify and handle critical issues in specific test situations.
- Monitor the status of testing activities and software work products.
- Integrate testing into your software development process.
- Understand the Test Manager’s role in reviews and defect management.
- Learn how to create a customized Master Test Plan or Level-specific plans.
- Establish a realistic test approach and strategy, adapt the strategy as needed, based on situational feedback.
- Successfully manage software test efforts, time frames, and resources required.
- Understand the concepts of Risk Management.
- Discover a practical risk analysis technique to prioritize your tests.
- Discuss methods for measuring the test effectiveness of your organization.
- Evaluate and improve your test process.
- Plan and implement test automation.
- Work productively with users, developers, and support staff.
- Gain management skills for monitoring and controlling progress throughout the development and test process.
- Develop new skills to lead your test team.