This training course covers the fundamental topics that every system and software tester should know. The course provides test engineers and test managers with the essential ideas, processes, tools, and skills for a career as a software testing professional. This intensive tutor-led course improves understanding of software testing and involves theory, examples and hands-on exercises.
The delegates will receive a detailed and structured compilation of the essential terminology of testing, review process, black-box test methods, white-box testing, experienced-based testing, test monitoring and metrics and the relevant international norms and standards.
This course goes above and beyond the ISTQB curriculum, giving you practical knowledge you can immediately apply to all industries. In addition to the fundamentals of software testing, you will also learn about the relationship of testing to development, benefits and risks of test automation, configuration management and continuous integration while the modern industry trends are taken into the account.
Fundamentals of TestingSoftware context — Why does software fail
Principles, scope, and focus of testing — What is testing?
Debugging vs. testing
Goals of testing
Fundamental testing process
The psychology of testing — viewpoints on testing
Testing Throughout the Software Development LifecycleTesting and development
Iterative and traditional development models
Verification and validation
Test levels—unit, integration, system, acceptance
Understanding regression testing and confirmation testing
Understanding test types
Building systemEPICS, Features and User Stories
Introduction into UML
Static TechniquesWhat is static testing?
Reviews, inspections, walkthroughs, etc.
General review process
Common types of reviews
Roles and responsibilities in reviews
Success factors for reviews
Limits of reviews
Understanding static analysis tools
Reviewing requirements, use cases, specifications, source code, and test cases
Test Design TechniquesIntroduction into test design and the design approach
Types of test design techniques
Black-box (functional) techniques
White-box (structural) techniques
Selecting the appropriate test technique
Test ManagementTeam organization
Roles and responsibilities
Understanding the test manager
Understanding the tester
Test planning and strategy
Goals and Metrics
Identifying and analyzing the project and product risks
Configuration management and testing
Defect/incident classification and management
Tool Support for TestingSelection process
Introduction of a tool into organization
Risks and concerns
Building test teamsRoles and qualifications
Test AutomationWhy test automation
Benefits of the test automation
Limits of the test automation
(Acceptance) Test-Driven Development
Test Automation Quadrants
- Understand the fundamentals of software testing including key concepts and context, testing principles and test process, and the human factors in testing.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the fundamental principles and terminology of software testing for efficient and effective communication with other testers and project stakeholders.
- Explore the relationship of testing to development in the software development lifecycle, compare test levels and test types, and understand the triggers and impact of maintenance testing.
- Understand the value of static testing and learn the most common review types and how to use these approaches to find defects.
- Analyze both functional and non-functional specifications at all test levels for systems.
- Examine test design techniques including black-box testing, white-box testing, and experienced-based testing.
- Write clear and understandable incident reports.
- Get familiar with test management, exploring test organization, test planning, and estimation, configuration management, risk-based testing, defect management, and more.
- Explore tool support for testing including tool selection, benefits, risks, and classifications.
Are you interested in the course?Touch with us and we will get back to you with more information. We are YES4Q!
+420 777 629 545