This hands-on course provides anyone involved in software testing a chance to broaden their knowledge of performance testing.
This course provides an introduction to the complexities of software performance testing and delivers testing skills that participants can immediately apply back on the job. The focus is on what a tester needs to know in order to be successful.
The course addresses the more common pitfalls and mistakes that lead to the potential failure of the performance test.
Basic ConceptsPrinciples of Performance Testing
Types of Performance Testing
Testing Types in Performance Testing
The Concept of Load Generation
Common Performance Efficiency Failure Modes and Their Causes
Performance Measurement FundamentalsTypical Metrics Collected in Performance Testing
Aggregating Results from Performance Testing
Key Sources of Performance Metrics
Typical Results of a Performance Test
Performance Testing in the Software LifecyclePrincipal Performance Testing Activities
Categories of Performance Risks for Different Architectures
Performance Risks Across the Software Development Lifecycle
Performance Testing Activities
Performance Testing TasksPlanning
Analysis, Design, and Implementation
Analyzing Results and Reporting
Co se naučíte?
- Understand the basic concepts of performance efficiency and performance testing
- Understand the performance testing process: planning, preparation, execution, and reporting
- Define performance risks, goals, and requirements to meet stakeholder needs and expectations
- Understand performance metrics and how to collect them
- Develop a performance test plan for achieving stated goals and requirements
- Conceptually design, implement and execute basic performance tests
- Analyze the results of a performance test and state implications to various stakeholders
- Explain the process, rationale, results, and implications of performance testing to various stakeholders
- Understand categories and uses for performance tools and criteria for their selection
- Determine how performance testing activities align with the software lifecycle